Our school aims to have good relationships with each and every parent/guardian. Nevertheless it can happen that you as a parent/guardian seriously disagrees with your child’s teacher or the school. When this is the case, it is important to know where to go with your complaint. We have set a procedure for this.
This procedure takes legal obligations into account.
• When you have a complaint concerning your child’s teacher, you first discuss it with the teacher and try to find an acceptable solution.
• If this conversation doesn’t lead to a satisfactory solution, or your complaint concerns school management, you can submit your complaint to the management of the school. You will be invited for a meeting in which your complaint will be discussed and hopefully solved.
• When this meeting doesn’t lead to a satisfactory agreement, you can turn to the school board.
You have to report your complaint in writing to the board. The board will issue a statement after all concerned parties have been heard. You can send your letter to: email@example.com
• When your complaint still hasn’t come to an acceptable solution, you can turn to the Complaints Committee for Education. There is a separate procedure for submitting a complaint to this committee.
• For general questions about the complaints procedures or the Complaints Committee, you can contact RCN/OCW via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: Complaint Procedure Form